Do I even need a lawyer?
If you find yourself on the wrong side of a bad situation you may be asking if consulting a West Virginia lawyer or West Virginia personal injury attorney is right for you.
Here’s how to figure out if consulting an attorney could be the right decision for your situation.
Not every legal matter requires the use of an attorney. Fighting a speeding ticket and going to small claims courts are two examples. However, in many other situations involving a legal dispute, challenge, or deal, you may not wish to chance the risks of going it alone without the advice of an experienced lawyer who can help you. While each person’s legal situation is different, there are times when hiring a lawyer can increase your chances of achieving a good result. Specific matters where a lawyer can be worthwhile:
- being arrested for a crime;
- being served with documents related to a legal proceeding or lawsuit;
- being involved in a serious accident causing personal injury or property damage;
- a change or pending change in family status, such as divorce, birth, adoption, or death;
- a change or pending change in financial status, such as filing for bankruptcy or getting or losing valuable personal property or real estate;
- challenging a will or trust because it was invalid or made under duress.
A solid case can quickly unravel without the help of a trained attorney. The right lawyer can save you the stress of uncertainty during a legal matter. Personal Injury lawyers can draft or review legal documents, mediate disputes and negotiations outside of court, represent you in a lawsuit, and provide general legal advice and information about steps you should be taking. Determining if you need a lawyer is a personal decision. But making that decision early is important. Having the right lawyer can save you time, money, and a whole lot of hardship.
Our experienced group of Charleston, West Virginia attorneys can help you decide if you have a case worth pursuing quickly and easily. Contact us today for a free consultation.